Friday, August 15, 2008

Slow News Month

The month of August is usually a slow month for news. The people of Georgia may beg to differ, of course, but for me, nothing much is happening.

My brother is visiting from Alabama, so I have been entertaining him and driving him around the island. He has been here for nearly two weeks and is leaving on Monday. It has been interesting having him here, but after a while, I do need a break from him so that I can get some work done. And so I will fob him off on my mother or one of my cousins so that I can have time to do something productive.

I have also started on a writing project that I would like to turn into a novel. The thing that is holding me back is being able to write about human relationships. That is something that does not come naturally to me. I am not doing it in "real time", so to speak, so I do get a chance to carefully craft my words and fit them into the circumstance.

No comments: